Monday, May 11, 2009

The Con!

Phew! It's over...Di got married and she left..leaving a void which will never get filled. I cant remember the last time I howled so much as I did when she was finally off. It was a little strange waking up the next day, the sudden dip in the hustle & bustle of the marriage was disconcerting. Most of the day went in dropping relatives to the airport or the railway station. A few friends came to cheer me up in the evening, ended up going to bennigans!

Yesterday was interesting to say the least. Around 8:30 am the bell rang. And who else but Ujwal at the door. All dressed up and beaming. Wanted me to come with him. Insisted it was a surprise. Despite my obvious skepticisim, I got ready in a jiffy and hopped on his bike. We made our way towards south delhi, and only then did I realise that we were making our way to the IIT campus. As we reached the Dogra hall, I saw the signages. "NIIT University presents" I couldnt believe I fell for that. And here I was thinking Ujwal's taking me out for a fancy breakfast to cheer me up!!

Anyways since we were there I decided to attend the event. No No No, I didnt lose the best. I didnt get converted. But I did change my opinion just a tad bit. The seminar was about
Engineering and how to build a great career in times of the economic downturn. The speakers were of the highest stature and knew what they were talking about. They werent there to plug the NIIT Univ, but more to talk about the field of Engineering.

For instance, the phenomenan of doing an MBA after ENgg was discussed. It amazed and impressed me when the speaker said that if anyone attending the seminar had ENgg + MBA as a plan, then he was in the wrong place. Boy, these people are serious about making good engineers.
The seminar was followed by a quick Q&A session. The turnout was impressive, so it was not surprise that the Q&A session was very active. Uji even asked a few questions (no suprise that!).
Post the event, Uji grabbed my arm and made his way towards the front of the hall. Before I realised what was happening, Uji was speaking to Som Mittal, bombarding him with questions.
I could see Mr Mittal a little amused, but to his credit he indulged Uji and gave a patient hearing to him. Uji was almost glowing as we made our way back to the bike.

We did have lunch together, and I have to admit, I can see some of the merits to his argument. Maybe...just maybe i'll do some more homework on NIIT University before I make a final final decision!

No comments:

Post a Comment